Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Jesus Series DVD BIBLE


Description from the back cover: Animated straight from the pages of the popular Read and Share® Bible, The Jesus Series introduces children to the life of Christ. Unlike the 3-minute, bite-size story format of the Read and Share® DVD Bible Volumes 1-4, this DVD is an uninterrupted half-hour presentation of Jesus' ministry along the shores of Lake Galilee and the villages near Nazareth. Children will see Jesus call His disciples, feed 5,000 people, heal the sick, teach about God's kingdom and introduce the Lord's Supper.

As I viewed this animated adaptation of Jesus' ministry here on earth, I looked on with great expectation, similar to how I felt when popping in the tape for The Prince of Egypt. I was particularly excited to receive the DVD, looking forward to sharing it with my niece. This DVD was rich in color and characters, but lacked excitement that I think would keep a child's attention focused. I could follow the storyline because I'm very familiar with Christ's life, but question whether younger children would. I understand that it is simplified and told on a basic level, yet deem it important to keep the details in tact. It would be wonderful to extend this series out to five DVDs if necessary to get children to clearly understand Christ's ministry and miracles.

This Read and Share DVD Bible is a great starting point and overall pleasurable as it shares God with the world.

No comments: