Thursday, September 2, 2010

Book Review: My Rising Up by Jennifer L. Dean


Jennifer L. Dean's My Rising Up is a novel that not only explores hardships that may occur in life, but also the overcoming power of God. As the story opens, the reader is immediately pulled into the life of Brendan Maxwell--a young man who encounters death from an early age. This sets the tone of a seemingly troubled journey that rocks his world into adulthood.

I found this novel an interesting and enjoyable read. Situations and circumstances in the book reminded me of what it was like to live a college life, but more importantly, how it should be done with God as the head in every area. As the story was drawing to a close, I found myself flipping the pages even faster to get to the end!

This story is definitely one where I can relate. I think it is very important that stories like this one are told because so many lose hope in the One who gives hope. It is apparent that this author has an intimate relationship with the Lord because it shows in her writing ... and I appreciate that above all else.

My Rising Up is a wonderfully crafted faith-based read that any age group would enjoy and can be purchased at various online retailers.

To read a recent interview with this author, visit Striaght Up! Newsletter. The author's website is located at http://www.jldeanauthor.com/.

No comments: